Why You Should Use a Buyer's Agent When Looking
at New Construction
When considering buying a new home from a builder, it is important for you to enlist the services of a buyer’s agent to protect your interests. Builders’ representatives have a fiduciary obligation to get the highest price and best terms for the builder. You need someone who is qualified and knowledgeable working on your side. A buyer’s agent will:
- Research new construction homes, determine their availability and inform you as to the builder’s reputation.
- Show you neighborhoods that provide the most amenities you are seeking.
- Collect information that may enhance your bargaining position.
- Negotiate the best price and terms for you.
- Assist with finance options.
- Review all information communicated by the builder and the builder’s representatives to eliminate uncertainties.
- Advise you as to the various inspections needed to ensure the builder has performed quality workmanship that meets your expectations.
And, again, the best thing is . . . you do not pay a commission for these services!
***WARNING*** The builder reps will sometimes tell you "You don't need a Realtor" ...DO NOT LISTEN TO THEM... ALWAYS GET A REALTOR TO REPRESENT YOU... IT'S FREE! THEY DON'T WANT YOU BEING REPRESENTED IN CASE THEY MAKE MISTAKES... WHICH THEY DO QUITE OFTEN! ALSO, YOU WILL NOT SAVE ANY MONEY BY CUTTING OUT THE REALTOR AND THE BUILDER REPS MAKE EXTRA COMMISSION IF A REALTOR IS NOT INVOLVED.
Remember . . . don’t sign anything without an agent present to represent you!