HILLSBOROUGH HOME SWEET HOME PROGRAM
ELIGIBLE AREA – Hillsborough County
• Buyers and their spouses (occupant and non-occupant) must be first-time buyers and
must be able to permanently reside in the US.
• Buyers must live in the property they purchase as their principal residence.
• All applicants must be considered irrespective of age, race, color, religion, national
origin, sex, marital status, military status or physical handicap.
• Buyers must occupy the property purchased within 60 days of closing.
• Buyers must live in the property as their principal residence and the property may never be rented.
• Contact us to speak with a Home Sweet Home loan officer for additional information
DOWN PAYMENT ASSISTANCE – 30 Year Deferred, 0.00% interest second mortgage, up to $25,000* for down payment and closing cost assistance. The second mortgage is NEVER FORGIVEN and must be repaid when the first mortgage is refinanced, sold, short sale, foreclosure or if the borrower ceases to live in the property.
INCOME LIMIT CRITERIA – Household income is considered for ALL Borrower(s), spouses and anyone 18 years or older.
• 1 - 2 person household $80,500
• 3 or more person household $94,415
• PURCHASE PRICE LIMIT $349,525
HOMEBUYER EDUCATION – First-Time Homebuyers must complete a Program-approved pre-purchase homebuyer education course. Please speak with a participating lender for details.
ELIGIBLE PROPERTY – New or existing, one to four units, detached or attached, condos, townhomes.
CREDIT SCORE - FICO mid score must be 640 or higher.
DTI – The maximum debt-to-income (DTI) ratio is 45% for FHA, VA and RD loans and 50% for the Freddie Mac HFA Advantage conventional loan.
WHAT'S THE NEXT STEP? Fill out the form below